3 Dec 2010

Helping clients understand web designers

I have a friend who is about to become a client. He asked me to recommend a book that will teach him enough about web design, without actually ramming the how-to down his throat, to be able to know what can be done and how to communicate his needs and ideas.

Now normally it would be the job of the designer to tease this information from the client without him having to be exposed to the jargon. This chap, though, genuinely wants to know and to understand and I don't have a problem with that. I think it'll make him a better client.

Actually finding a book to recommend is not easy. So far all I have come up with is Web Design All-in-one For Dummies which I think will probably cover stuff he needs to know, but again it's probably too technical.
















Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment