19 Mar 2010

Yeah, yeah...

...why didn't I build my own blog? After all, CakePHP even comes with a build-a-blog-tutorial. I just don't seem to be able to find the time.

I've just spent the last few months building a Joomla-killer of a CMS. Okay, it's tailor made for our company, but it's very open and flexible. Modules are easy to code and incorporate, page building and navigation is drag and drop and the whole thing hangs together with a modified preorder tree traversal algorithm (MPTT) - Google it. Best of all, it's built with CakePHP. It's easy for designers to learn and easy for programmers to code. Hopefully we'll open source it when we can think of a name for it. That way, more modules will be written and shared. Life needn't be so drupal.

Anyway, back to the yeah yeah, I will, one day, build my own blog. Just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment